Any ideas what Jag matches this head?

Greetings,
I recently purchased some parts for my E-Type from a gentleman who threw in what I assume to be an XJ Series ??? engine head. The code next to #6 spark plug port appears to be GZ72. Any clues as to what model would match this head based on the code and attached photos? It appears the head was removed and had #6 intake and exhaust valves replaced and never reinstalled. #6 valves are in new condition.
Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin, just a word, it helps to not post numerous threads on the same question, there is an answer on the ID head thread,

Understood. I was just trying to let both, E-Type and XJ folks take a shot at my question since it fell under the umbrella of both categories. Still no definitive reply so I’ll pose the questions again since we have kind of ruled out the XJ option due to no air injection holes on the top of the head. Below are a few additional photos I thought might lend some clues.
Thanks - Kevin

No tach drive from the inlet cam dates it as XJ6 onwards? Not sure when the ‘E’ changed to electronic tach.

It’s at least a Ser II head as it has parabolic cams (groove cut in the flange). Jaguar stopped using tach drives in the transition between Ser I and Ser 1.5 but with the cams this is later. If the intake valves are 1 7/8 it is a XJ6 from a F.I.car, but I suspect that’s unlikely - by then the valve cover treatment was different and they didn’t use screw on caps to seal the cut for the tach drive. If not it’s a Ser II E Type or carburetor XJ6 - pre air pump. Somebody may be able to tell from the part number shown.

Larger rear plug on intake cam suggests a later, non air injection 4.2.

What you refer to as #6 is actually #1.

That type of late 1.75” inlet head didn’t get air injection AFAIK, so it doesn’t rule out XJ. The desirable S3 head would have had larger inlet valves and ports and flat cam covers at the rear with half moon rubber inserts in the head at the back.

It has early parabolics, so assuming they came with the head I’d guess a 69-72 XJ6?