Applying 'decorative' horn trim ring and starter button

Got these two as a gift and want to make sure all is prepped before install/or, is this a BAD idea?
The metal trim ring has 3M adhesive strips on its backside… I would use denatured alcohol to clean the surface of the mounting area. The “pushbutton” for the starter is a trim ring with an inset Jaguar. The outer ring also has the adhesive on the back. It appears that it just fits over the OE starter button. Thoughts or recommendations welcome!

Hi!

Never even heard of those. Do you have pictures?

https://www.amazon.com/Button-Center-Control-Switch-Decorative/dp/B07VF3YG49/ref=pd_sbs_2?pd_rd_w=3HvFM&pf_rd_p=527ea27c-adf6-4b67-9c5f-265eb29e0622&pf_rd_r=81SHJVTYQ397T03SD22J&pd_rd_r=efb047c0-5861-4b6a-b651-b3501f2479c6&pd_rd_wg=zdYYF&pd_rd_i=B07VF3YG49&psc=1

That’s the start button

That’s the horn trim ring. Didn’t get them from these vendors ( mine were gift) but what I have is identical.

Did you ever install them? any pictures? I don’t have my F-Type yet but I was just looking at the start button add-on today.

No, although both gifts from dear spouse, I am not convinced the new horn ring will fit properly. I didn’t really want to remove the backing from the adhesive and prove to myself that the curve on the add-on doesn’t match that of the actual horn ring. I can use it for some other jaguar/car related decor project. Same with the push button. The OE one on my 2017 isn’t worn, and again, I’m not sure the add-on will fit properly. I’m not into ‘cobbled up’. I did however, follow some great guidance on removing the “F” from the rear F-type and painting it. Got it all aligned and RTVd back on.

… and still working on my LED project. need to go out at look at that turn signal socket, but REALLY appreciate all the info,help and steps you posted.

1 Like

Good advice on not cobbling it up. I’ve entered my E-Type in the Dallas Jag Concours (Driver Division, not Championship) and won first place two years in a row) so I’m not into getting less points on a car. So it’s likely that I will keep the F-Type in clean stock condition too, assuming I buy it. More to come…