Appropriate Wide Whitewall Tires for Mark 2

I have decided to put wide white walls on my Mark 2. I currently have 205 65 R 15 Bridgestone tires from 1997 that need to be retired. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know nothing about the white walls, but more a remark on the tire size.
try getting 205/70 R 15 this is more close to the original, your size is to small.
Making your speedo giving a higher speed than you are driving.
I run them on my S-type 1967

Regards,
Peter Jan

1 Like

Check with Coker or Lucas tire who offer repo wide white walls for 50s and 60s American cars. You might even find radials in the correct 185 X 15 size or what used to be known in bias ply as 6.40 X 15.

No matter what size you end up with use a gps speedometer calibration app to make sure you know how fast you are going in real life versus what the speedometer indicates. You don’t want to get a ticket in a school zone.

Gerard

Much thanks Peter, Gerard and John for your comments. I have decided to go with 6.40 x 15’s with a 3 inch
white wall because as someone famous said, " It’s better to look good than to feel good ". I am going for looks rather than performance. I think it will compliment the black paint and red interior so I will limp to my next brunch in style. Also, I bought these tires from Coker Tires as the exact replacement of the original tires as was suggested.

Jonathan