Are Mk X wood trim snap clips common to other Jags

I’m in the process of reinstalling my refinished wood trim on my 65 4.2 liter Mark. AT appears most of the trim around the upper windows and on the pillars is held in place by a 90 degree metal clip which is screwed to the back of the wood trim and snaps into rectangular slots in the metal body. Unfortunately may of my clips broke on removal. I’m looking for a replacement source. Were they used on other more common Jaguars where I might be able to find a suppler? Or does anyone know of a supplier.

OddBrit,
Do you have the Jaguar Parts Catalogue for your MK X and do you know the correct Jaguar part number for the snap clips?

I own five different Jaguar models (MK VIII, E-Type, XJ6, XJ12, XJ-S) and I have the Jaguar Parts Catalogues for each of them. Having the Parts Catalogues has removed a lot of the mystery (but not all of it) of finding parts. I often find the parts I need on eBay or a variety of vendor sites by searching for the correct part number.

I don’t know, from your description, whether or not I have any of those clips in my spare parts storage cabinets (I don’t own a MK X), but if you provided a part number I could see if that part was used on any of my Jaguars and if I had any to help you with.

Paul

I solved this issue by using the plastic “christmas tree” trim plugs, I simply stapled them onto the wood and pushed them into the slots.

I believe they are available from Barratts

several different types are used on various MKX trim items

the items that attach the wood must be removed by releasing the clip by a push from a flatblade at the correct spot, otherwise they almost always break

I think the pins are offset, which complicates matters

for the wood, this does not matter so much, and modern plastic xmas tree would work