Aristocat Kit Car

My kit is about to be shipped from England to Washington state. I will let you know how I get on. Will need some answers to issues, I am sure. My donor is a 1983 XJ6 that I am stripping down to reuse. Wish me luck.
ProQuest
1983 XJ6 Donor for kit car
1993 XJ40 VDP

5 Likes

Hi Richard…what model is it…xk140?..what are you getting shipped a body and chassis?..Steve

Steve, It is being called a XK120ish, but it is a little wider bodied, fiberglass with a removable hard-top and a new zinc dipped chassis. Also new gas tank, and pieces that I will make the footwell and bulkhead. The steering column and driveshaft is shortened by them at Autotune (in England) to fit.

2 Likes

Best of luck with your project!

How about pictures. Sounds interesting

2 Likes

So it’s a coupe of sorts with a removable top
You will have to send further photos with progress being made

Love that color. I’m a blues man!

I am very happy with the unboxing. Rebuilding the front and rear ends with lighter springs and shockers to make it a roller. Will let you know how it goes.

6 Likes

What a cool project! I’ll be watching this one with great interest… :slight_smile:

Cool project… I would love to build such a car.

1 Like

I didn’t like having to remove the fiberglass body. It looks like I am moving backwards on the project, but to do electrical and build the firewall, it had to happen. I will post at the next milestone.

3 Likes

I am getting behind on the build, so I worked on the important stuff first. It should go faster with the growler.

3 Likes

My leather came in. I think it is going to look great next to the blue and add 5 more HP. Still no engine but I now have a machine shop story to tell.
Dean

3 Likes

minimum.

:smile: