B post seals New Style

So,
I have new B post seals from vendor. The new kind with the closed top. Do I set the closed top as near as possible to the height of the body work? Or do I leave it a little proud?. Also it’s very long, I assume it is supplied long to fit the coupe also?

pics

Is that a bulb type seal, or foam? If it’s solid foam, you’re gonna have difficulty getting the doors to close.

foam channel type seal, COH Barnes via SNG—with closed top

I had those but found it difficult to close the doors …swapped it out for a semi circle hollow self adhesive of about same dimensions ……took off the adhesive and applied real glue! Works well for me

For S3 seals (Both A & B and bonnet landing) seals were cut to length then open cell foam plugs were inserted to close the end opening. Using a 1/2" plug cutter, cut some 3/4" foam plugs then work into each seal end. Just like factory original. My 2¢’s…

Cheers,

Dick

1 Like

update:
used a dremel and sanding drum to reduce the seal. Tried to keep it mostly on the backside…but was not totally successful. I tried it and went back for more sanding 3 times. Black powdered rubber everywhere. RH door now closes.

Will try LH next. I am going to tape a dowel into the hollow of the seal so I can do a better job of keeping damage to backside. Hopefully