Barbie Drove a "Face-Lift" XJS?

I love going on Internet movie car database (IMCBD) and looking up my cars! Lol! It is interesting to see what different movies and shows my cars have been in!

For those concerned, GI Joe was a perfect gentleman. But Steve Austin ( The Bionic man ) was a playboy. there was a lot of conflict among them all.

Regardless of the year her XJ-S was, the concourse judges are going to destroy her.

2 Likes

Gonna hafta try that, with my Rover!

The GI Joe Jeep had a recoilless rifle, not a howitzer. Mounting a howitzer in a quarter ton jeep or it’s trailer would result in some drastic sheet metal distortion, and that’s BEFORE firing it

1 Like

Right you are Racoonman. I just checked my recollector and it was wrong. Also a spotlight.

My generation in the extended family of cousins had four of us around the same age, all obsessed with GI Joe at around the same time. We amassed a platoon of Joes and two Jeeps. Eventually, my cousin Steve tried to power his younger brother Paul’s with a Cox .049 engine friction driving the rear wheel… it never worked, but he did give it a try. He had a Cox 1/6 scale dune buggy that he should have robbed the drive unit from, as it was (at the time) unrepairably broken. There was a girl among our age group, whose Barbies always had the cool stuff but never got a car… I did manage to trade her for some of Ken’s shirts so one of my Joes could be Hawkeye Pierce…

1 Like

Wasn’t there an option to get your Jaguar painted any color you want, complete with outlandish colors of wood grain on the dash?

Barbie may have driven an XJS, but the 300zx was what really got her attention…

2 Likes

I am puzzled about the human near the end of that clip.
Can anyone identify him?
The face is familiar.

Soooooo…that’s why Ken is smooth in front.

:crazy_face:

He was in all the Nissan commercials around that time. Always showed up smiling at the end. Not sure what he was intended to signify, perhaps the approval of the previous generation or something along those lines…

1 Like

http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/nissanguy.htm

When I was a kid, I was taking off my sisters’ Barbie’s clothes. OK, that didn’t come out right. Lets try this again. My Sister, who’s name is not Barbie nor is it any form of the word ‘Barbie’, had Barbie’s dolls. She’d want me to play with her. I’d take their clothes off; and push them around in the car. The car was a Corvette.

That doesn’t sound much better… I give up.

1 Like

You must have been a really small kid if Barbie clothes fitted you.

1 Like

If anyone really cares for one of these I have one in the basement on the shelf with the box.
I bought it for my daughter but never really let her play with it.

Nice one! I have to say - that made me giggle out loud.

Because you were playing with it? :wink:

1 Like

If it’s the one with working headlights, I might be interested in it … :pensive:

1 Like

Wow … I knew about IMDB, but didn’t know they had another one just for the vehicles … Cool … :+1: Thanks for letting us know, Timer …

1 Like

No problem! Also, if anyone is into guns, theres also a IMFDB! I look around on there a decent amount too lol smh