Best Service/Repair Manual to purchase

I have recently purchased a 1989 XJS Convertible and am looking for a service/repair/shop manual. I see a few different versions on Ebay and have also seen reprints of manuals that cover multiple years. Any guidance would be appreciated!

The best is the USB version of this:

$99 well spent.

Gonna have to say that the forums with good pictures have helped me the most with my 89 XJS Convertible. But I have these and use both…

1 Like

Thank you -This is a great help!

This book was just recommended to me today by another person who restores Jaguars. Thank you for your suggestion!

I’ll second that.
For that year there is no better reference than ‘the book’

Says “$69” on there … :confused: But wow, so glad to see this publication … When did it come out? I have the immediate predecessor, which was JHM 1176, from the Trust. It only had service manuals and parts microfiches on it. This version has a ton more publications in it. :joy: Wish I could get it in CD ROM version though, like my 1176. :frowning_face:

Still wish the Palmdude would update it soon … :pray: It’s been ELEVEN years now (and counting) … :wink: I’ve discovered that a lot of the links, websites, sources, etc. mentioned in it are no longer around. :disappointed:

But the wisdom still remains.

If I were to update the Book today, I’d simply omit that entire collection of links and websites. It’s too easy to Google stuff for yourself now. At the time, it was much harder to find those sources.

2 Likes

Don’t worry and check the https://onlypdfmanuals.com/workshop/jaguar/xjs site. It’s good for you and from here you can find the best repair manual for jaguar. Thanks