Bettie my 1963 FHC is for sale

I will be putting her up for sale at bring a trailer shortly, but if anyone how knows me and my car wants to have an early conversation, please reach out asap.

63 xke rear view - Copy

3 Likes

John,

Hope all is well with you. You’ve been of great service to me, and I dare say, the entire community with your shared experiences in rebuilding her.

3 Likes

Everything is good, just feeling my age more and more as well as not being able to enjoy driving her as much as I should.

3 Likes

Not to sound rude or funny (please excuse my ignorance) but what would an E-Type in that condition sell for?

John,
Thank you…especially the video’s…over the years
Mich and Vicki
It is a journey

1 Like

Here is what Hagerty has to say about that question. Of course the value is always what the buyer will pay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you approached BaT yet about a reserve?

My mole tells me their data is showing a sharp decline in E-type prices in the past year, and as a result, they are being pretty stingy with reserves on E-types these days.

John, I wish you the best. I watched all your videos before I started my e-type journey. Good luck in selling your treasure. Angus

Thanks for all the videos, John

1 Like

I finally get my car running and everybody retires.

4 Likes

The sad fact is that it takes an old guy to have the knowledge and patience to work on these cars, but when they are finished the difficulty with ingress and egress limits their useability. Thanks for all the videos, the wisdom, and hard earned knowledge. It was a great service to the community.

5 Likes

Beautiful car

1 Like

John, I have and am returning to you video time and again. I hope you stick around the J-L site. It wouldn’t be the same without you. Good luck on the sale.

2 Likes

John, pity that you have to sell “Betty”, it was really fun to look at your videos.
I am old, too, but have not finish my car yet. Struggling with energy.
Now preparing for paint, took the bonnet apart and now here it is.
Frank.

Wish you well. Thanks.

3 Likes

looks better than the pro job on. mine

Bettie is heading to a new home at the end of the month. Private sale was completed with a local enthusiast. He knew of me and my car from my Jag-Lovers forum postings and my You Tube videos. He is thrilled and I am happy to know she will be cared for and loved.

Thanks to everyone that responded to this posting, I plan to continue to contribute here even though I won’t have an E-Type. I still retain a lot of documentation and memories of my restoration.

Best regards,
John

13 Likes

I enjoyed knowing and traveling with you, John. Live well and long.
LLoyd

I’m suspicious of people who don’t like dogs.
But I trust dogs who don’t like people.

1 Like

John, Your sharing nature has been an inspiration and great help to many of us.

Can you remind me where you got your clip-on mirrors, and please point out which of your many videos covers the mirrors. Of all the different mirror options, yours is my favorite.

Thanks

Tom,
I did not install clip on mirrors, they bolted through the door panels. I was nervous about drilling holes in my doors, but they are great to have positioned right where a modern car would have them. This video is where I describe what I plan to do but I never created a video of the actual mounting of them. They just show up in a video further along after this one…

1 Like

John, not asking you to get specific but can you give us an idea of how it sold vs the Hagerty guidelines?