Bill Tracey’s status

Early in the process of restoring our car, we purchased a lot of parts from Bill. Now his website is not working and the phones are not answered. Does anyone have a status report on him?

Bill died several years ago, I believe his business was being run by his family.
Bill Bassett

Some of Bills parts are still on Ebay ( bill7516) kids running it I think.
Mike

Several recent negative comments from buyers using the EBay account. Maybe not really running well. Bill would never have allowed those issues.

I bought some spring gaiters from the family a few months ago. Slow response to ewails and delivery but eventually came through.

Do you mean Bill Tracey of TT Race engines?
He rebuilt two engines for me recently. I spoke with him about a month ago and he was his usual self. Their website is still up and running.

Two different people. Nice to know orders are still going through Bill’s site.

Edit: John the name you are thinking of is Bill Terry. Saw the pictures of your rebuild. Very nice.

1 Like

Wrong name. Bill Terry is the engine builder.

Just for background information, Bill Terry used to run one of the major sources for Jag parts in North America (Terry’s Jaguar Parts.) He got out of the parts business a few years ago and sold the enterprise to Engel Imports. They’re still running the business today. Terry wanted to concentrate his attention on engine bulding.

Interestingly XKs Unlimited made the same choice roughly around the same timeline selling off to Moss Motors. Maybe the aftermarket parts business isn’t like picking cash off the money trees growing in the backyard?

Dave

Dang! Tell me what nursery to go to and get one of those trees.

Oops, you guys are absolutely right Bill Terry is the engine builder. My bad.

Rob, did you buy via eBay, or via their website? How long ago was it?

I too was wondering what was going on with them - I keep checking in on their website and it still says they will be reopening in January 2022!

It was through ebay, ordered and paid Jan 16, shipped Feb 3, delivered Feb 7. This is within the US so the delay was due to the seller, not the postal service.