Birch Grey Paint Code

I am trying to determine the paint code for Birch Grey. The local shop cannot translate the RM codes listed in Urs Vol 2. My next best option is to take Urs book to them to match the associated chip. Has anyone else gone through this lately?

Hi, I use Glasurit paint on my Jags, they have all old Jaguar paint codes in their online database:
http://coloronline.glasurit.com/
Here is a sample of what I found:

I tried entering 1950 Jaguar Mark V Gunmetal in this Glasurit database but did not get anything.

Randy – I went through this on 54 Birch Gray several Months ago. Spoke with Glasurit tech re Birch Gray.line 22 single stage. They sent me the current mix specs witch seem to vary form SK99’s. If you will PM me at Joegmiller@aol.com ,I’ll scan the data to you as I cannot seem to figure out how to post these sheets on the lst. --------- Regards Joel Miller / Tulsa Ok

Its a bit tricky to get the formulas on screen, Try some different search methods, by manufacturer and/or color name with wildcards (*). You have to “reset” between each search, otherwise it dont seem to work properly.
I did not either find the 1950 Gunmetal, but 1960 Jaguar Gunmetal Metallic was there, maybe some other name was used?

Here you go… And some additional words to get past the character limit :slight_smile:

Edit : Sorry - I got the wrong Grey - I was meant to search for GunMetal Grey, not Birch :frowning:

Hi Rob,

I was able to get the following using GUN* (*= wildcard) but the year range is wrong for a MkV