Brake Calipers!

Uploading: CB7F6456-D590-4C58-A210-07D773E8F943.jpeg… Uploading: 8DEB5125-B5F5-44D0-A68B-BBC170DF91A0.jpeg… Uploading: 71A07120-76D4-4D9D-9A31-E263952F2CCA.jpeg… Hi all,
As I have posted previously I am in the throes of reassembling my front suspension. I’m usually great at taking helpful pics for the job but - not this time. I am trying to figure out how the steering arm bolts up to the spindle carrier and how the caliper mounts to it as well. I mocked it up the way I think it should go but the centreline of the rotor would be too far in - i think. There is very little in the way of schematics out there.
And a thank you to Breen60 for your help on a previous post.

I can’t seem to get your pics to load. I can tell you this, though: There is one long bolt that goes through the rear hole on the steering arm and through the caliper into the spindle carrier, and this bolt should have a shim – looks like a thin washer – between the steering arm and the caliper. I think it’s about .010" thick. If yours is missing, you can make one. If you wish to confirm how thick it should be, put all the parts together and tighten the short bolts holding both the caliper and the steering arm but leave that one long bolt completely loose. Use a feeler gauge to measure the gap between steering arm and caliper at the bolt, and fit a shim that thick.

It took me a second try to get the pictures uploaded. I have place holder bolts in the holes just to try and mock it up. Have a look at the pic showing the spindle aligned with the caliper…looks too far inboard to me…

We’re only looking at the inner half of the caliper. It’s been too long, I can’t positively assert there’s actually anything wrong with it. Where’s the hub and rotor? Can you trial fit those and see how they clear the inner caliper half?

The disc clears the upper ball joint by only a few mm, so your alignment does not look really off.
What looks bizarre to me is that the upper bolt hole of the steering arm is not parallel with the carrier ? Is it because things are just hanging from the bolts ?

It is likely that a few things don’t align properly. The bolts i used to mock it up are loosely fit.