Brake fluid level

PS… brake fluid is hard on paint… It can be used to remove paint from plastic… Like model toy cars that had a bad paint job.

Yes, I used the same, I think Dave recommended them. Called “Tygon 2375” used for Brembo.

Only issues I’d say, I ended up double zip tying to seal, as a single clamp seal was too tight and cut into the material.

And they eventually ‘mold’ from the heat of the engine bay, so get them how you want them.

Use fuel injection clamps… don’t dig in… Blue colored hose

OK first of all dumb question how did Kirby ever land on a Mitsubishi part? Just curious.
OK I’m going down the rabbit hole, I picked up some brake fluid and a turkey baster.
Now I’m going to have to go in and start flushing and bleeding brakes. I did notice some particles in the reservoir.
This has been a good post for such a simple question. I’ve learned a lot on this one you guys thank you for all the info. By the time I’m done I will be more knowledgeable.
I feel like sending JL’s some money! LOL

Just remember to clamp the brake hose IF you are going to force the pistons back to clear old fluid out. Not so important on non ABS equipped cars but good a practice to get into.

It’s been 25+ years, I don’t remember. I do recall that the first one I had was a secondhand part, like I found it in a junkyard. Then I had to buy a new cap for it anyway as the gasket design had been updated.

Remote reservoirs are not all that common. Most reservoirs are built onto the master cylinder itself. It turns out that Mitsubishi offered not just one but two workable remote reservoirs, one round and one rectangular. The only problem is that the fittings are a size larger than the fittings on the Jaguar master cylinder, so you’ve got to adapt the hoses to fit. The neat and easy way, if you can find suitably thin-walled hose, is to cut a 1" length of hose to fit the master cylinder fittings and then slide the larger hose completely over it, so you don’t even see the step in sizes.

If the car hasn’t had it’s brake fluid system fully bled in a long while, be ready to do it again.

My XJ-S had sat a good 7 years before I bought it. Brakes were not great. Stuck calipers in rear, but they all worked.

I replaced the Master Cylinder and Rear Brake Pads, and I bled 2 quarts of fluid through my entire brake system. Everything looked nice and clear.

A couple months later, the bottom of the Reservoir had gunk in it again. So I did an entire system bleed again with 2 quarts of fluid.

Over a year later, it still remains nice and clean.