Brake Modulator

I’m using a '96 XJ-6 donor vehicle for all suspension, steering, and braking systems on a customized '50 Dodge Truck.
I do not plan to have ABS on the truck therefore I would like to know if the stock XJ-6 brake booster/master cylinder be directly attached to the calipers and still work properly.
In other words, is the Jaguar ABS modulator required for basic brake operation and will the booster/master cylinder deliver adequate braking pressure alone?

Roger:
This is the XJS forum. Did you mean you’ve got a 6-banger XJS that you are parting out? Or you car is a sedan?

I am not sure what ABS setup the XJ-6 from 1996 has, but if you have the vacuum booster, you are probably OK. Much better option would be to source a brake pedal assembly from an early, non-ABS car. Those are cheap and easy to be rebuilt – the kit for the master cylinder is available everywhere. The booster, as Kirby has it in the Book, is a standard GM item.

Best regards,
Steve

Sorry about that - My setup came from an XJS 6 cyl. 2DR
The modulator is a separate unit that is connected via lines from the master cylinder.