British Lunaz to build all-electric Jaguar XK120, XK140, and XK150 models

Originally published at: https://www.jag-lovers.com/british-lunaz-to-build-all-electric-jaguar-xk120-xk140-and-xk150-models/

Fancy a Jaguar XK120, meticulously restored from the ground up, with an all-electric drive train offering 375 hp and 700 Nm of torque?

We do. In fact, we quite fancy another one of their creations as well, an electrified Roller. They offer Bentleys too, for the more modest client, and even Range Rover, for the landed gentry.

Lunaz was founded by David Lorenz, and is based right across from the Silverstone racing circuit in the UK. Their engineers have backgrounds from Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, McLaren and Rolls-Royce. Their chief engineer, Jon Hilton, used to run the UK-based engine division of the Renault Formula 1 team. Solid engineering credentials, in other words.

Their Jaguar XK120 comes with a battery pack with a capacity of 80 kWh, which is comparable to modern EVs and should suffice for a reasonable range. On the Rolls-Royce Phantom V, the batteries are upgraded to 120 kWh. For good reason, one would presume. The Phantom is a quite heavy automobile, even without the batteries.

According to Lunaz, their creations come with all the mod cons and are meant to be enjoyed daily. Can you imagine yourself using an XK120 as your daily driver? Silent, powerful, and with access to the car pool lanes. We can think of worse commutes.

Price? Funny you should ask. Suffice it to say that you wouldn’t buy one of these to save money on said commute. According to rumor, prices start at £350,000.

Do let us know if you get one, we’d love to profile both you and the car here on Jag-lovers.

1 Like

The electric “fill cap” is brilliant!

I will now step away from the screen, so as not to get spittle on me as the purists lose their minds.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m not a super purist and would be happy to see these models progress with future technology. The XK120 Roadster, I first saw as a kid and I know for me it is still the most beautiful car ever built. From that point on I have been hooked on Jags. :grinning:
Bob Mitchell