Bucket seat backs for XK140 OTS?

Hi all,

I’d like to replace just the backs of my (original) seats in my 1956 XK140 OTS with tilting bucket seats. Would anyone on the forum have experience with doing this? Perhaps recommend a supplier?

Thanks!
Chet

I know there was such a thing for 120s: someone will chine in, Im sure.

Chet,

There are several suppliers in the UK that supply these “hinging” backrests for the standard XK 120 seat. Try searching “Jaguar XK tilting bucket seats” on ebay.co.uk. You will also see well-known companies like Aldridge and Guy Broad that offer these solutions. Complete tilting steel frames (without cushions and trim) are also offered by Coventry Auto Components for a very attractive price.
So there are many possibilities…

Bob K.

I bought mine from Stefan Slavic at sk-jagspares.eu - they are a complete frame, well made and excellent value.
He is a regular at Stoney Stratford spares days and will bring a pair over for you. He makes a load of other parts, all of which seem to be good quality and considerably cheaper than others.

Thanks everyone. I’ll check out those suggestions.

Chet

stop in at your local hot rod shop upholstery…then can re do your existing seat backs with side bolsters, lumbar if you wish…all shaped exactly for you.

I’m looking closely at seats supplied by seller “Classic Quality” on eBay.co.uk. The seats are shown in item # 152147213783. Communication with the seller has been very good and the seats in the pictures look exactly like what I am seeking. Plus he ships to the US…
Just wanted to know if anyone on the forum has purchased seats from him or his company and could give me their review?

Thanks!
Chet

Those look like austin healey seats.

Chet,

All I can say is that there is doubt whether he actually manufactures these seats. That doesn’t mean that the seats are no good. But it would be interesting to find the company that made these bucket seats and to see what their price would be, but that is a typical remark of a Dutchman…

Bob K.

Jim, I do see the similarity with Austin Healey seats (I happen to own one) especially in the frame. However these are much larger with a bigger wraparound to the bucket sides.

Bob, good point, I will inquire of the seller if he also manufactures them or not. He did say if I sent him a sample of my current leather interior that he would match it. The only other seats I’ve found on the Ebay site are offered by Aldridge (which you mentioned in your earlier post) however their listing stated they are not shipping to the US.

Still hoping someone on this forum has purchased these seats before so I can get a hands on review before parting with funds.

Thanks all!
Chet

Here’s what I am trying to accomplish…

1 Like