Bullet mirror placement

After years of renovation I’m about to remount my old bullet mirrors that were on the doors. The passenger door mirror was almost useless so I want to move the mirrors just a little more forward to the cowl or maybe onto the bonnet.

Any experience with mirrors on the cowl?

My bullet mirror was on the cowl and looked nice there, but I could not get a decent rear view due to the A pillar being in the way. It’s now been removed since the car is being painted and all options are open for a new mirror and placement.

–Drew

I hope this helps, drivers mirror is perfect but had to place inspection sticker so it doesn’t obstruct my view, right mirror is perfect for blind spot but I need to move my head slightly to the right to see rear quarter, no problem rather see blind spot when driving.
Frank

1 Like

Thanks! I have an OTS so the A post is in a slightly different place, but I’ll keep that in mind. Also Maryland doesn’t have inspection stickers, you can keep driving any piece of drsuevj regardless if the brakes work.

1 Like

Lower Slobbovian, for dreck?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

here is my bullet placement,

That’s about where I had nine, but the passenger mirror was almost useless.

Some object, on purely beauty grounds, but safety behond the wherl is more important: I will always be a fan of the mirrors out on the wings.

ah, my ext. color but with RED interior… makes me think!

I placed these mirrors to give me a good rear view and not detract from the beautiful sight lines from front to rear.

There is no correct way, and your choice is…your choice.

I got used to mirrors out on the wings, and that sent me down a path I’ve followed ever since!

Now, the antenna? That is a fake, and I nearly welded up the hole…hated it!

Why in the world did you ever sell that car

It was time.

Call sometime, and Ill fill ya in.

my antenna was on the rear wing, welded up the hole and don’t miss it a bit

1 Like