Buying engine oil and car stuff costs

If there was a book I would call it “Weird little things that only two or three people in the world care about”.

2 Likes

if…there were to be a Jaguar XK120 140 150 book about weird little things…it would be in about 20 volume set of thick books !!! It would challenge the volume of work in Will and Arial Durant’s history of western civilization.
Nick

2 Likes

A shortened six point socket and a 1/2’ drive wrench works fine on a 140 crank bolt.

For interest sake, I have included in the picture, a damaged crank bolt which seems to have been removed by using a chisel.
They most likely didn’t have a correct fitting socket to use, because it sure looks like the bolt was also tightened with the chisel.

FWIW, my 140 does have the arrow on the flywheel…feathers and all.

and you no doubt have had it long enough to have verified that when the arrow lines up with the mark on the housing–the engine is in fact at #6 TDC–and checking for that alignment when on compression for timing , and cam purposes.
Nick

Yes since this was all done while assembling the beast…verifying the (faint) damper mark was also correct. The timing pointer attached to the oil pan is adjustable.

1 Like