Cathouse Spares in Oz

Now we are in a new year, and I have made a bit more progress. I visited the local plumber’s shop again, and discovered more fittings I thought I would try. Another crossover (Mk. 2.) was the result.
I had already reduced the size of the main pipe to 3/4, to hopefully make more clearance for the A/C belt and the bolts securing the compressor, and so a different "T’ helped. Photo should show the difference.
I also bought a brass pipe nipple that I thought the water valve (EAC 4126) might fit. A little work with a file and the water valve pressed into the nipple very nicely.(There has been much discussion over the years regarding the water valve. You are on your own as to whether you use one, and in which direction it should face!)
I bought a few filler necks on line, and found that they are a perfect fit on the one inch copper, which makes soldering them easy, and neat.
Lastly, as the filler necks all come with an overflow port, I thought I would use this port for the remote water valve, with suitable fittings to connect to the banjo bolt above the radiator. The important part is to disable the “pressure relief” section of the radiator cap. Grinding off the metal disc opens up the radiator cap so it can breathe. As long as the top seal works, that’s all that is needed.
Still can’t go anywhere safely around here, so that kept me busy for a couple of days!

2 Likes