CD changer replacement - 2020 style!

today arrived my YATOUR for MBUS. I put a microsd with adapter in it and connected to the radio. But it selects only CD5 and does not play tracks (even if i remove the SD it remains on CD5 selection) i formatted in fat 32 and created CD01… folder but it does not work…

What size sd card? smaller is more compatible (I use 4’s) and max size for SD is 8 gig AFAIK. Jump drives max size 4gig. Not all brands of thumb drives work. The files must be mp3’s. .wav will not play. The mp3’s can’t be inside subfolders, they have to be in root directory, i.e. CD01 CD02 etc.

1 Like

SD is 2GB… formatted fat32… il you don’t’ insert any sd, its normal that the radio show cd5 track52?

Takes a minute to boot up but have you tried selecting cd1 or 2? Also try a jump drive or differemt sd card maybe?

1 Like

It was a bad sd card !

1 Like

I finally got my daughter to load my 4gb verbatim brand SD card, and it wouldnt play anything, display showed cd8, song 99. I had read the instructions thru(sort of) but didnt tell her they say file format must be WMA or MP3.( big mistake on me) our source of music is from an old apple laptop and itunes, which she tells me its natural format is m4a. we did use your cd01 thru cd06 folder instructions. anyway, she went back and converted cd01 songs to mp3 and we tested and it works. today I went for a drive and used it some. it takes a bit of time to load, and during that time, it first shows the cd8 and song 99(no music, just some noise) then shows cd5, song 52 for a bit, then goes to cd1 and plays. I notice, at idle, what sounds similar to old time tape hiss, and then when running down the road a bit of the same that varies with rpm. also the volume is considerably lower, in that if I switch to radio when I have been listening CD, it is WAY TOO LOUD. none of this is a deal breaker for me- I will just have to get used to it. the big problem is she said she has to go in and basically convert each song individually to mp3, a very time consuming process. I am wondering if this is an apple issue?

Apple conversion program you are using has set your signal to noise ratio (volume) too low. Get a good program like Switch Sound File Converter which can convert multiple folders/files. I don’t know if that program works with Apple though, as they have rather a “captive” environment. The rpm noise issue? can’t say I ever noticed anything like that, must be because your s/n noise ratio is SUPER low. Again, get another program or convert the files on a PC.
The few seconds of “it first shows the cd8 and song 99(no music, just some noise) then shows cd5, song 52 for a bit, then goes to cd1 and plays” is just part of the boot up process which takes about wht? 8 seconds or so?

Just checked, yes you can get switch for the MAC … here you go:

https://switch-audio-file-converter.en.softonic.com/mac?utm_source=SEM&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=EN_CA_DSA&gclid=CjwKCAjw0ZiiBhBKEiwA4PT9z-NE54yc151-sEi0IUPQ-KhhzPiSyeVxJZZLXJZbMLrXIQ9-6FJ4xBoCwF4QAvD_BwE&ex=DINS-635.3

1 Like

I use a program on my computer that will convert CD’s to MP3 automatically, insert disc hit convert and just wait till its done , insert next cd, rinse and repeat. Can’t remember what its called and I did have to pay for it after the trial but its worth it.

thanks so much for your info, I forwarded it to my daughter to look at. hope you dont mind if I have future questions as this process plays out.

happy to help Bob.

Sometimes I’ll use a sound recording program like Azureus when I play some music from Youtube, say like an album I used to have years ago or whatever.
The recording program then records the album while it plays. My program, Azureus, records in .wav format, so in order to use the track on the Yatour I save it then export the file as an .mp3

One of many ways to skin a cat/play music in the cat!

1 Like

#1 daughter downloaded the program this morning and put 1/2 dozen songs on with it to test. way better sound quality, volume control now the same as radio. still has a bit of my best explanation is like cassette tape hiss when car is running and still varies a bit with RPM. she said she cant find any real instructions on how to use the program on the site or by googling, so she is muddling her way through. She said we my possibly have to pay a licensing fee to get it? ( I have no problem with that as long as its not too high) anyway, I think we will get there! she is coming thursday to do some more, and maybe teach me how to do it.

1 Like

The hiss sound must be electrical interference? No hiss with the radio selected though? Try moving the unit to a different part of the trunk maybe? (just a wild guess)

1 Like

I will give that a shot today

Audio Grabber will convert to MP3.

1 Like