Celebrities who drove mk7s

hi. brent from canada , noob to this site here. i just purchased a 1954 mk7 recently. jaguar heritage confirms it was sold in los angeles usa, mk7m, grey, blue interior, 4 sp with od, numbers all correct. the plot thickens, i got the car through a series of owners disassembled part way through a restoration . the story goes that it was once owned by a movie star or some kind of celebrity in la. i have not been able to confirm this. the person who originally brought the car to canada or started the story, not sure which, has died so no more info from him. does anybody remember any stars/celebs that drove a grey1954 mk7 back when it was new? thanks. brent.

1 Like

…maybe… :grinning:

2 Likes

saw that…in color, the interior is red/oxblood. a understand colorizing is used sometimes. trying to find out about that photo . wouldnt that be nice if that were the one.? california dmv is hard to get info from unless you live there, i will keep trying anyways. any body know how to get vehicle history from them? thanks. brent.

Alan Ladd

Alan Ladd

1 Like

mine is listed as an m model, fog lites in the bumper. good one though, shows they were popular among the celebs.

Brent, in the U.S. it’s against federal law for state DMVs to disclose past or present ownership information except in very limited circumstances. Unfortunately, those circumstances do not include historical research. But unless your Mark VII was actually registered/licensed within the past 5 years in California, it’s most likely that all old title records for that car have been destroyed.

It’s possible the first owner of your Mark VII was known to Jaguar (from it’s warranty certificate) and might have been recorded in the hand-written ledger books. Until about three years ago, the Heritage Certificates would list the first owner detail if it had been recorded in the ledger book.

But our world has gone completely bonkers over “privacy concerns” and such historical detail is apparently considered too sensitive to disclose. But the original ledger books still exist and are available for public viewing by appointment at the heritage museum library in England. So that may be your best hope for learning the identity of your Mark VII’s first owner.

thanks, seems they will not help me. i may lean on a few friends in law enforcement here. they seem to have a bit more access to info than us plebes. i will keep at it. i do not give up too easily. go ahead…tell me it cannt be done. thanks. brent.

It is interesting to find celebrities who have owned, or been associated with your classic car. In researching the 1963 – 68 Jaguar ‘S’-type, I have found the following celebrity owners;
• Jimmy Page, who founded Led Zeppelin
• Model Pattie Boyd
• Charles Meisl, author of many motoring books in the 1950 and ’60s
• Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Monaco
• George Lascelles, the seventh Earl of Harewood
• Bebe Daniels, early film and television star
• Janet Lee Auchincloss, Jacqueline Kennedy’s mother
• Wubbo Ockels, Dutch space shuttle astronaut
• Dita Von Tease, 1960s ‘Queen of Burlesque ‘
• Patrick Macnee, of ‘The Avengers’, owned one in 1964-65
• Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck, both British pop singers of the ‘60s
• Paula J. Angelos, ‘sexploitation’ star of the 1960s
• Pierre Cardin, high fashion designer featured an ‘S’-type at his 1963 Paris show
• George Best, British soccer star
• A publicity phot of film star Stella Stevens shows her posing on the roof of a psychedelic-painted ‘S’-type
• Peter Sellers took family movies and there is a b&w sequence
• “The Disappearing Wife” in this he shows his first wife, Anne Howe, getting into the boot of their ‘S’-type, closing
• the boot lid and then re-opening it and showing the boot empty.
• And both President Nixon and the Apollo 11 astronaut’s motorcades were led by ‘S’-type police cars when they visited England

1 Like

Hi Brent,
not grey / silver but don`t forget Queen Mom and Reza & Soraya Pahlavi.QmomMK7

Best regards

Wolfgang

1 Like

after some searching …it seems like almost everyone has a car they claim has some connection with a celebrity…that they want to sell of course. i am almost out of ideas to find the history of mine.

Hello Brent,
try the jaguar-heritage-service (archive-service).
In my case I got the name of the first owner and the dealer in Canada.
…and some more details like the original colour of the car and interior,
number of engine and gear-box.
Maybe it is possible to find someone who knows the car (garage, dealer etc.)

Good luck
Wolfgang

i have the jag heritage certificate, no mention of the first owner, just that it was sold in los angeles new, as well as color etc.

| Wolfgang
September 27 |

• | - |

Hello Brent,
try the jaguar-heritage-service (archive-service).
In my case I got the name of the first owner and the dealer in Canada.
…and some more details like the original colour of the car and interior,
number of engine and gear-box.
Maybe it is possible to find someone who knows the car (garage, dealer etc.)

Good luck
Wolfgang