Christopher Storey KC – 'Chris'

It is with sadness I notify the forum of the death of Chris Storey.

Chris was a long term Jag owner, and up to a few years ago a regular contributor to these pages.

A collector of other marques also, and his pleasure was the repair and restoration of these cars. Prior to retirement, whilst his 'day job was lawyer and judge, he was a fine mechanic tackling every task from engine rebuilds to fabrication and paint.

Chris lived only a few miles from me, and was always generous with his knowledge and guidance in all matters.

A kind and modest man with whom I spent much time and he will be missed.

John Cartlidge.

5 Likes

That is sad news…a really lovely chap that will be missed…helped me quite a bit over the years…a real character… Steve

John,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Chris was a prolific poster, and I think I read all he wrote.

Rob

I will miss him, he was always helpful and ready to share his vast knowledge with anyone who asked both in person and via the various Forums.

1 Like

Sad news :disappointed:

This is terrible news. Christopher was a fine fellow and always offered sound advice from his vast archive of knowledge. RIP Christopher.

Dear of dear, he gave me loads of help, very sorry. Very nice man indeed.

I received a call from Chris’s son yesterday (Monday).

The funeral arrangements have been made for Monday 8th April. Any Jag / car enthusiasts who knew Chris and are local to Wirral / Chester are welcome to attend. Please contact me directly for the details - john@johncartlidge.com