Cost of a used crankshaft

Hi all hope ur all keeping safe, can someone tell me what a fair price would be for a xk150 crankshaft ,I know it’s subjective but a ball park would be most appreciated.
Nick

Really depends on the condition. A really great 3.8 E crank that’s never been cut down might be $800-1000 at this point, losing a couple hundred with each successive grind. I’d expect a 150 crank to be more rare but slightly less demand also.

Ok thank u, how can I tell if it’s been reground .
Nick

From the journal diameter, with a micrometer, as there are oversized bearings available you can guess how many times it’s been reground by the deviation from the standard size. The size would probably be in the manual, else someone will provide it.
David

You should mic it for your own satisfaction, but machine shops universally stamp the front counterweight with the amount they removed from the mains and rod journals. One marked “10-10” would be 0.010" undersized on both the mains and rods and “10-20” would be 0.010" undersized on the mains and 0.020" on the rods, and so on. Cranks that have been ground more than once will have the incorrect value struck through. I have never seen a reground crankshaft that was not marked.

Thx guys will check it out tomorrow.
Nick

1 Like