Covered headlights for series 2

Boy…I installed those mirrors over 30 years ago. I believe they were knock-offs of vintage Hella Talbot Mirrors probably purchased from Terry’s Jaguar at the time. I don’t think I would have purchased Hellas due to the cost, but as I assume they’re reproductions, they are near perfect… Today a pair of NOS Hellas can run over $1200. I’ve included a couple of pics of true Hellas off ebay. They look identical in every way down to the color of seals white, gray & black. Not aluminum but chromed steel. I think that base attachment is removed and there are 2 screw hole front and back…

I like those Hellas!
Thank you Darrel and James.

i have this available if anyone is interested. W. Berlin stamped.

Authentic Berlina Talbot mirrors are chromed brass and are available new from a guy in California. He bought the rights and makes them by spinning the brass cones and casting the basses
Works of craftsmanship
You can choose size and mirror type
They are small but once you get used to them they are good to go. Mounted mine on door and would have it different

That’s the optimal placement, if you have the larger, 5" Tex flag mirrors. That is where Tweety’s mirrors are (or were, when it left my stewardship!).

It also close to the same distance the mirrors are, on my Rover.

The smaller Talbots give too limited a range of vision out there.

authentic Talbot mirrors had a raised pad for the stamping.

It has been almost a year since I brought up this subject. Basically, my car was in the body shop for a year and a bit. They worked it in along with the insurance work which takes priority. Just thought that some of you might be interested in the results of using the Monocoque kit. When I replied to Roger Benjamin, I mentioned that the Walsin kit might have been less pricey but I now know it would have been easier. Chuck at Monocoque is great to work with and is always ready to give advice. However, one must have the patience of a saint to get the parts to fit together. I finished mine but it took more than 40 hours of effort to achieve the desired look. In fact, I almost made it but it is far from perfect. Nevertheless, I thought I would share a few pictures.

![New paint with modified headlights|666x500](upload://bEC4N8B0sYf8BYc1zQznGjscr4l.jpeg)
![IMG_7060|666x500](upload://lpL24tbPZjQ7gHN0lJleo12NwW5.jpeg)

A couple of pictures didn’t seem to upload. Here are the other two.

2 Likes

Looks good from my house!

:wink:

So Nick, where can the Wahl and Marek kits be purchased?

1 Like

Contact me via PM with your email address and I can send you the fitting instructions. This gives plenty of background information and should give you a flavour of what is involved in making the conversion. There are new bonnet panels and a fully comprehensive mounting kit included in the package.

kind regards
Marek

One of the first kits way back
I’d say late 1990s
I’d agree on a series 2 the this covers look right
The series 1 covers become heavy with all the other bits on the car
Imho

1 Like

Hi Marcel. I’m interested in the series two to series oñe light cover kit. Would you be able to email me details laurenceradin@gmail.com
Thank you. Regards Laurence

Think you meant this to go to @MarekH?

Peut etre le texte predictif, mon brave?
kind regards
Macron