Cracked exhaust manifold (Heards as an option?)

Normally I post in the e-type forum, but this seems to be a more appropriate place. I have a 71 e-type Series 3 V-12 and it is being taken down as far as possible and being restored from the ground up. If I have parts out in the open, there is no reason not to get them cleaned, painted and new seals and bearings installed, etc…

Anyways, it seems that the exhaust manifolds on these V-12s are problematic. Very problematic.

In one of my threads in the e-type forum yesterday, I detailed the woes of a cracked exhaust manifold. Actually, of the the 4, 3 have cracked. Two were welded and the repairs have lasted. The one that I found yesterday had been welded with silicon bronze(?) I believe. It is not brazed as an a OA brazing tip will barely touch it. The previous repair job looks like crap and I don’t think that I would be willing to trust another repair job on it. I can replace the manifold for a couple of hundred easily enough, or…

My Jag is not ever going to be a performance car nor is it going to be a concours car, but I’d like to keep it as close to original as possible, but dependability is also a factor. I’ve read several other threads about the manifold issues but nothing too recent.

Classic Jaguar has a stainless header for the V-12 that is a guaranteed fit. It’d look nice in there, the price isn’t too high and it is likely be more durable but that was found with a quick cursory search.

What other options are available?
Thanks for your insights.

I would buy new ones. You will find the new ones from sng are a thicker casting, and probably less likely to crack.