Cross Hatch Aluminum Interior Panels - I'm Finally Done

Yes, hours, dollars, and blood later I’m done. Whew!

8 Likes

The job is never done until there’s blood…:smirk:

Harvey, I also have a 63 FHC in need of a console refresh. Do you happen to have the Aston Martin part number for the cross hatch sheet. I have not been able to locate theft part.
Thanks, Jim Fleetwood

Hi Jim,
On Ebay Motors search on Aston Martin Polka Dot.
But trust me, buying the material is just the easy first part. If you look at the first sentence of my article, there are links to parts 1 and 2, which detail what is required to get a finished product.

1 Like

Very rewarding work. Looks great

1 Like

Harvey, it looks great!

Allen

1 Like

Harvey,
Really like the cross hatch…3 cheers for doing it…the way you like it…
Mitch
PS…I have learned (finishing a 2+2) how much work doing a coupe is…be aware it is much much much much more time, effort then an OTS (having done both)…
How do you eat an elephant…1 bite at a time
Again…3 cheers

1 Like

Great result for all the effort you’ve put in Harvey looks terrific
Cheers
D

1 Like

that is looking SWEET Harvey. Lots of effort.

And to think, I may have a proper cross hatch panel covered in vinyl in my stash…

1 Like

Harvey, that is a great looking console. Great job. I am sure that trying to get the correct angles on the bends was not easy. But I have a question on the upholstery; what color is that? It is very similar to the color on my Cayman.
Again, great job.

It was called Light Tan when the car was made. By todays naming conventions, it probably would be called something different. Some folks say it reminds them of a baseball glove.
Keep in mind that what you are seeing in the photo is under shop lighting with a cellphone. It certainly has a lot of orange tones in it.

Harvey, my 65 OTS came originally in Black/ light tan/ sand top. Light tan really was an almost Khaki in color. Since it is no longer readily available I went with Biscuit.

Allen