Curiosities in the trunk

Poking around in the trunk of my 86 XJ6 i found these devices. I have worked on a LOT of cars, but i can not identify any of these…

Mike,
You need the XJ6 Owners Manual, Service Manual, and Parts Catalogue that describe these and many more components and how they work.
The first is the device that turns on the Oxygen Sensor warning light on the dash (there is button that that can be used to reset the light when it comes on), the second is the motor for the sunroof, and the third is an altitude sensor for the Electronic Fuel Injection ECU that adjusts fueling at high altitudes.

Paul

3 Likes

Thanks Paul. The altitude sensor is unplugged (as received from previous owner). Now I’m curious how that affects the running. Seems fine, but there’s always room for improvement :grinning:

Mike,
I believe that the XJ6 Owners Manuals include some info about how the altitude sensor trims fueling at higher altitudes and the S57 Electrical Guide shows that input to the EFI ECU. I am away from home and my Jaguar technical library otherwise I would have provided more specifics.
Do you have copies of the Owners Manuals? If not they are easily obtained on eBay.

Paul