Currently for sale

At 6’3", could I even fit in an XJ220?

Not 100% sure but one of my members looks to be around that height

Well Barry can get in his.& obviously this race car

I’m 6’2" and have no problem… I would note however That for someone of more substantial girth it could be an issue. The door doesn’t open very wide so entry can be tricky… once in however lots of room. Big feet might be a problem the pedals are quite close together.

Barry Fromberg repied to a Face Book message from me He is 6’ 5" & he had to have the seat altered by Don Law He also suggests 6’ 3" should not be a problem.

for reasons I don’t understand and am tired of fighting with this system… I’ll post it here as a reply… If anyone has any XJ220 ephemerae they wish to sell I’m interested… PM me if you wish.

10K sounds a bit over the top Godfrey-- Is that what Don Law charges?

John I don’t have the exact figure… but given they are specially made and in very limited numbers the development cost is enormous. Don had to go on bended knee to get these at all we are very much in his debt for the efforts he made to keep our cars on the road… There have been no tyres available new that are suitable for the car for years… the new Bridgstones are made from scratch as the original moulds were no longer road legal. If it hadn’t been for Don’s perseverance all our cars would be parked. Even at ten grand I don’t believe he is making anything on them… and the Pirellis which are being offered by Jaguar don’t pass muster. Part of the cost of ownership. I don’t begrudge it for a moment. ( even though I can’t afford a set right now )

Jane has recently had a set fitted & like you does not know the exact price as she hasn’t got the invoice handy. but she says just under £5K for the set which makes them similar to the Pirellis which Jaguar had produced. Dave Canham found some tyres when he owned his that were suitable for the type of driving most 220 owners do. I don’t think there is anything wrong the Jaguar Tyres.

5000GBP = +/- 10000 CDN … I would ask Don re the Pirellis if I were you… I won’t use them when the time comes. Beyond the concept which never went any where, the Pirellis were never fitted to the 220.

Hi Godfrey. You asked about John Connolly I assume you mean the first owner of SAJJEAEX8AX220715
I have searched & found nothing other that they went bust
I have just Rxd a message from the current owner who would also like to let him know its being looked after.

I now have the original overmats from this car. only set in BRG … will consider a trade for an NOS BRAND NEW original set in sand for a LHD car.

I have passed your message to the owner Godfrey,

Hi everyone. I just discovered Jag-Lovers forum, saw my name and picture and wanted to introduce myself directly. I can also add my experience with these incredible cars.

By way of background, I bought my car at the August 2017 RM Sotheby’s auction in Monterey. I sent it directly from the auction to Don Law for a major service, including replacing the fuel cell. Don was great to work with, and as noted by Bleasie, he was able to adjust the driver seat mounting brackets to lower the seat and increase the range of motion. He also modified the door hinge to allow it to open wider, which really helped. I’m not very graceful getting in and out of the car, but once I’m in, I fit fine now. However, as Godfrey noted, my size 13 feet are a bit of a challenge. There are only certain narrow driving shoes that I can wear when I drive the car.

Regarding the cost of the tires, I paid 5,350 British pounds for a set from Don Law.

Bleasie, you posted a pic above of a windshield card for Car Number 139. My car has number 139 on the door sill. Could your pic be my car? That would be awesome! BTW, my vin is 220672.

Godfrey, I feel the same way you do. Mine will never be for sale as long as I’m alive.

• Barry
3 Likes

I am surve already answerd this question. the number on the card on the chassi was the car number the number on the sill plate is the customer order number.