Damaged spot lights and dynamo

Well, the my Jag has landed in the US ready for me to start working on her again after being shipped from the UK, however all is not well !
On the last leg of the Journey from port to my lock up the car has sustained damage to the two spot lights and the newly refurbished dynamo has arrived with the cast iron pully broken, claims are going ahead with the road transport shippers but I am wondering where I will obtain replacement glass and rims for the spotlights and if the dynamo pully can be replaced ? additionally a lot of the parts did not arrive with the car being overlooked whilst loading the car up , so a major cost to get them here also !
Not looking forward to the claims process when they say send us a quote for repair or replacement for a vintage car, we will see on the bright side its a nice looking car and I am glad it is here
Anybody got any advise on the lamps and dynamo pully ?
thanks
Mike

Wow, that is a shame. I thought you were going to ship it in a closed container, so it would be protected and all the parts secured.
XK120, Mark V and Mark VII all used cast iron pulleys, made from the same blank, same fan size but different diameters on the v-groove pulley portion. I suppose it was dependent on the potential speed of the engine. The subject came up once on the XK forum. Moss carries the one for XK120.
The chrome on those lights can possibly be repaired by a plater. I can recommend Quality Plating in Sterling Illinois.
For the glass, you might try Paul Beck Classic Car Parts in the UK www.vintagecarparts.co.uk
or vintage-headlamp-restoration.co.uk which could also repair your chrome.
Let us know how it turns out.

Hi Rob
Thanks for the help, it was shipped in an enclosed trailer,and I did tell them it did not have working brakes , however it looks like they ran it into something
Seems like the pulley will be an easy fix the spot light rims and glass a little more difficult, I will follow up your leads
thanks
Mike

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear of your car being damaged. I have an FT58 shell in halfway decent shape, which needs rechroming. I also know of another available which needs rechroming. I also had a generator pully broken like yours. I’ll PM you about them.

George

I found what I wrote in Sept 2010 on the XK forum about pulley diameters.
The SS and Mark IV used C.1076 so this applies to 1938-54 cars.

All Jags of that era used a Special Equipment generator, model 22429 or
22462, but there are 2 different sized generator pulleys around. The XK120
and the Mark V used a cast iron pulley C2579 which is 3-1/2" diameter. The
early Mark VII saloons used a larger one, C1076, which is 3-3/4" diameter
and also cast iron, and the part number for each of these is stamped in
between the fan blades.<

Thanks for the info Rob, I had no clue as to sizes.
The first thing I did was contact Dynamo conversions
https://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/ these were the people who rebuilt my dynamo and converted my control box to electronic and negative earth
They must rebuild several hundred dynamos a year, anyway I called Pete and he came back to me with two pulleys available, consequently I have purchased one off him, hopefully the keys ways are the same
As for the spotlights, turns out only the rims need repairing / replacing, so I am trying to source them at the moment, as for the broken glass in one of the spot lights I have found genius of the lamps - https://www.geniusofthelamp.co.uk/ list a lens for a FT 58 I have asked them if they can supply rims also
Hopefully I can find rims or convert the ones available out there
Mike