Dash mat - yes no maybe?

Back in the 90’s I bought a dash mat for my Nissan at the Sausalito flea market. There was a guy sewing custom dash covers in a truck, while-u-wait style. Perfect fit and a major improvement to the vehicle IMHO.

Every car I’ve owned since could have used one but none so much as my XJ40. The angle of the screen is just right to catch a load of reflections from the dash top and reflect them back to your eyes. The great thing about a carpeted dash is that the windscreen no longer reflects light bouncing off the dash top, so your visibility is vastly improved in certain lighting conditions, (bright sun/overhead lights at night, etc.)

I just looked on Amazon but I didn’t see any for the 40, so I guess there isn’t an off the shelf carpet available for an old car of limited numbers - anyone know more about getting one? I guess I could go to an upholsterer and open up my wallet but I’d like to think that would be the last resort …

edit: I just found a custom maker, “Covercraft” …maybe others out there too?

edit2: just ordered one! hopefully it arrives before Xmas! :wink:

Larry, Larry, Larry…just saw your edited post so this may be too late for you but RockAuto has several styles available:

Bummer Bummer Bummer … :rage: oh well I guess I deserve to go the expensive and long delay route once in a while eh? Grrrrrrr…buy in haste, repent at leisure!

yes well after spending $50 bucks shipping, the 2-1/2 oz dash mat finally arrived today, 5 weeks in the pipeline. Hooray!

Enthusiasm did not last long however, as before I even opened the box - written on the end was “Jaguar XJ6 94-97” … so I knew I was in for a X300 thing …and yes indeed, it didn’t fit.
So waste of time and money.

Not to be discouraged, I then checked out the rockauto link in this thread for the 94 dash mats - but not wanting to double up on the wrong part, thought it safer If I went to the 93 and ordered one from there …

Guess what? No 93 part listed, no 92 or 91MY part listed either …just the 94 …so I’m willing to bet the 94 stuff listed on rockauto won’t fit either …all dash mats are for X300’s. Even the Covercraft people don’t have dash covers for earlier than “94” cars.
:confused: