Del III electronic workaround on the controls article

Has anybody seen an article written by XJ6 owner that bypassed the control system with a group of relays…JCNA magazine or? recently this year? Thanks for your assistance, JW

I think you mean Del II, not Del III

Here’s an easy way…buy this manual switch kit !

I rigged up a manual control using a momentary action switch and a couple relays to drive the servo. I don’t recall ever writing about it but I’m sure others have had the same idea and may have written up a tutorial

Cheers
DD

‘Jag-Aire’ has a replacement AC amplifier for automatic temp regulation for the Del II, Jon - can’t recall seeing a manual bypass for the Del III…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Yes, John Larson, Jaguar Journal, Sept/Oct 17 IIRC. After publication I got an email from the seller of replacement amplifiers and there will be an erratum note in Jan/Feb.

Pete

Gentlemen all, as usual, you rise to the occasion and provide great answers and solutions to my friends’ problem. He owns an XJ6 saloon and later Daimler consulate car (stretched chassis). I’ m sure he will appreciate your comments. Congratulations to ‘Jag-Aire’ as it appears to be a great solution to a problem overcome…DD, thanks for being there as always, Peter for your presence and Frank for your help…my glass of single malt held up to you all, best, JW