Difficult to identify harness color

Hello everybody. I have somme difficulties to identify the color of a cable behind the control panel. Is it Blue and White or slate ? Anyway where am I supposed to plug this cable (see picture).
Thanks for your help.

Sure looks like Slate because there’s a blue white one a few wires up. Blue Slate is headlight… inner or high beam. Whatever fuse is for those!

Oh the sticker is in the photo too! Fuse 8, your only fuse without a wire on it.

Funny how different they are!

I would put it on the free terminal, does make sense. What do the extra solid blues do?

Don’t know about ‘extra’ David, but straight blue is associated with headlamp wiper/washers. Which, if not fitted, may leave an unconnected blue…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

High beam is blue/white, John - fuses in the wing mounted headlamp fuse box…

Frank

So, there is a set of unfamiliar, unfused wires that are not cloth covered and should theoretically be a headlight feed. I really wonder why and what for.

Indeed, David; wire colours are sometimes difficult to read. And loose wires may just be typical ‘Jaguar’ including wires for items not fitted to that car and left loose - or additions by POs for reasons unknown. Or, in fact, require connection to ‘something’ - best identified by non-functioning items…?

And something/blue is generally associated with headlamps…

Frank

Laurens should investigate for safety reasons.

Agree, David…

Frank