Distributor cap and rotor

Grass Trimmer Round Nylon Cutting Line

The fancy line is not round. Sharper edges said to whack better…

I can see using a small brass nut and two nuts. Grind the nuts to a barely enough flats left for a wrench. Drill through the center. The exposed threads off a bit for the hose.

Decades ago, I did something like that, but with a larger steel stud. A method to direct oil to the rocker shafts of my 312. The Y blocks had an internal oiling flaw and most clattered awful…

Carl.

Hi Kirbert:
I hate to budge in on another discussion but I need help…'89 XJS early – I removed three captive screws on Dist. cap and cannot budge it’s removal…It seems to have merged with dist body…maybe those high temp. exposures ??? Any tricks to loosen it ??
Thanks, Ivan

Wow, all this time with your no-start, you haven’t checked the rotor/cap, vacuum advance, pickup coil, and possible seized distributor?

Regarding cap, just spray some wd40 around and lightly tap with rubber mallet. You’ll def need a new gasket.

I agree with Greg, three screws out should do it, it must just be stuck. Maybe someone applied something to the gasket at assembly. Whatever, no other choice but to force it.

I forced a fine blade where cap hits gasket and the cap came right off.

Thanks Sloth (Ivan)
Now I feel the device that sends spark to leads must be my problem