Do you use antiseize on your spark plugs

What are your thoughts on a small smear on anti seize on the spark plug threads.

Gerard

I do , when I first got the xj6 engine , there was a very tight spark plug thread , so got a thread chaser tool , all ok now
I use copper slip , on all threads !

1 Like

I always use anti-seize on spark plugs, simply had too many stripped threads, even though they supposedly come with an anti-seize coating, just a little, applied very carefully.

Like Ian, I always apply anti-seize on every singe fastener, unless something else is specified, usually Loctite

30yrs from now, someone will love you for it

1 Like

I ALWAYS put a small dab of anti-seize on the spark plug threads. I also make d@m sure to put some on any and all of my cars’ wheel lug nuts BEFORE I wish I had done it on some cold, rainy night changing a flat tyre. Like the others, I put it on almost all the bolts that don’t need a bit of lock-tight.

1 Like

I always start to screw In the spark plugs with my fingers too ,you can feel when it’s right !

Hi I have always used a dab of copperslip on most bolts and spark plugs since 1965
.Can’t see why not ??
Spark plugs especially can seize and cause all sorts of problems, as do wheel nuts
Brian.

2 Likes

One thing I found out recently is that one should (allegedly) not allow any anti-seize to get on the bevelled contact surface of the wheel nut and wheel, as this surface is what ensures the wheel nut maintains its clamping force. Do your own research of course. I always apply anti-seize to the studs, but now carefully clean away any trace on those surfaces

You are correct
The copperslip should be put on the threads of the wheel nuts and not the countersink parts