Door wont latch. Latches but opens, now fixed

Hi all,

still working on the door/seal fit. Now, driver side door. I can close the door all the way and it clicks twice, as if it is latched securely but, a small tug on the door releases it. I have tried moving the block on the b post every which way and it made no difference. the wheel on the door moves freely. When I push on the door, no b post seal is installed yet, It seems to go deeply into the car but it wont hold.

There is a tiny bit of wear on the b post “teeth” that interact with the star wheel on the door:

but I don’t know if that makes a difference:

there’s no other adjustments available that I can see. The door is back on it’s internal hinges, with the two set screws in place.

Any advice? TIA

Okaaayyy.
It’s a new handle and looking at it and examining all the parts of the latch…which were working. It occurred to me that the little 9/32 bolt behind the lock cylinder could be partially holding the latch open. A couple of turns in and it appears to be latching…and still unlatching…when requested.

Now How do i mark this thread “fixed” with the new option?

I just amended your heading :innocent:

I found the new “fixed” feature and applied it
thanks

I see that but it’s something you have to actually look for, seems it would serve better if it was included in the header? Just my thoughts.

1 Like