Drive-On Ramps?

Yea…there a problem?

:exploding_head: :dizzy_face:

He probably made sure the tank was FULL so there would be no fumes. Very safe looking dude.

1 Like

The wood costs more than the truck

Best ramps to do everything so far:

Front goes on directly, with the rear you will need to use improvised £10 “attachments”:

Best all-rounder, most comfy and able to raise your banger (with bottle jacks not visible on the photo) much higher than most of the lifting equipment. Comes as a set, 2 rams, 2 bottle jacks, 2t each. Approx £100 Sterling.

1 Like

I like those and may get some one day, the bottle jack is neat, lifts the platform on top so you could put stands under it and then get at the wheels.

2 Likes

Exactly, comfy and safe. You can even take the ramp our for full sccess and axle jobs. Four star motel when compared to ‘crawl under’ solutions…

How high, bangher, and what is the name of the manuf.? :confused:

Speaking of which (and this is the other foot falling), what are your thoughts everybody on creepers? I saw one today at WM that is actually more like a mesh “hammock”, suspended within its frame. Thinking that might give a bit more clearance than the traditional type, but possibly less comfortable … :thinking:

I’ve tried them all: what I almost always end up using?

A great big hunk of thick cardboard. On concrete it slides around pretty easily, allows the most distance twixt you and a low car, and it’s cheap.

3 Likes

I use leftover lids from plastic storage bins. The slide around wonderfully!

2 Likes

Mine is home-made, almost 50 years old and still going strong. Only problem is that I can sometimes doze off, laying on it.

1 Like

Yes I’ve built a creeper as well, but 9 out of 10 the cardboard wins.

1 Like

Interesting … I like the storage bin lid idea esp. Have plenty of those on hand … :+1:

Aye,. my creeper is in a corner of my shop, where it has rested for decades.

Most of the time, the asphalt of the drive or the concrete of the shop are OK. I do have a cloth for that. Made to stay pretty much in place when I used to wiggle on it. Under the cars is no longer in my lexicon…

1 Like

Most creepers aren’t made to handle my weight lol. I actually just broke my dad’s the other week thinking it’d be ok. Smh :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed: Of course I need every millimeter I can get trying to get under stuff. I use the foam interlocking squares more than anything, especially when I’m working in my stone driveway, which is more often than not

Perhaps @Craig_Balzer Craig will be kind enough to post a picture of the creeper that I gave him, that works pretty well on stone and rock.

1 Like

“foam interlocking squares” ??? :confused:

1 Like

With my luck, oil leaks would dissolve them to a sticky mess…

Nah they’re pretty impervious to oil lol! Trust me I know. Smh! A couple of mine even have lots of weld spall holes in them. Again smh! I bought a big piece of rubber flooring from the local farm store to use, but it’s a much harder surface, and heavier to work with. However it does stay in place. I will say that if you happen to get caught out in the rain with two of the foam panels stacked, they become slippier than cat crap on wet grass!

1 Like