Drivers door lock no longer lock all doors

Car: 1987 XJ12

Hello Jaguar brothers,
I need help,
My master door lock no longer locks all of the doors in my car, the drivers door lock only locks the drivers door and NOT the other three doors.
I would like to rectify this issue but I’m not sure what’s broken or why it’s happening (it is a fairly recent issue). Im 19 and I’ve only had this car about 7 months so I’m not too familiar with the door lock internationals.

Please advise 

Thanks for your help

I‘ve had my first XJ at 19 too. Start by looking for power. Do you have a workshop manual?

Logan,

there were days when Jaguar advertised that what a man had to achieve during his lifetime was to have a child, plant a tree and drive a twelve-cylinder car. You seem to be well underway on this bucket list:-)

Now, as David wrote, get yourself a wiring scheme for your car. There is nothing in it that goes beyond your school education. All you need beyond is a testing light and a Digital Multimeter, to be had at around 20 EUR/USS.

Either your fuse for the power locks has blown, ground is lost or some contact fails. Work your way through. Commonly, it is a minor issue, even if hard to identify at times …

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

The drivers’ door is opened mechanically by the door key or inside flap, Logan, it is not ‘central locking’ - unless remote control is fitted…

A control unit in the drivers door activates the other doors and boot motors when door key or inside flap is used. There was originally no motor in the drivers’ door - only the other doors and boot…

As Jochen says; first look for a blown fuse, (15A) either #14 ir #17 in the aux fuse panel on the glove box - or possibly an in-line fuse in the same area…

Warning; if this restores function, verify absolutely that all(!) other doors and boot operate. If one or more fails to both lock and unlock (the boot only locks, by intent) - do not(!) use the system before further consultation…

If the fuse is not blown, or changing it does not restore operation - further tests are required…

And welcome on board!

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)