E Type Collection for sale

Where would one best post a sale offering for my 4 E type (2+2’s) and 2 of them made into OTS configuration? Also Extra bonnets, manifolds, parts, etc?

rsvp drivers-seat@juno.com

https://www.jag-lovers.com/?page_id=211&category_id=7%2Fe-type

What Ole meant was:

We don’t allow ads here on the forum, but you can place a classified ad using the instructions here: How do I: Create, edit, or delete an ad on the Classified Ads?

1 Like

Are you talking about on Jag-Lovers or just in general.

In general ebay, Hemmings Motor News and Bring a Trailer are popular venues.

I’m not sure I want to ask. Hoping it’s just bad english.

There was a guy on-line (may have been J-L) about 10 years ago who had a converted 2+2…he’d bought it that way, and had no idea it was a converted car until he posted a pic, and people informed him.

Needless to say, he wasn’t to happy, because I think he’d paid OTS money (or close to) for it.

Wouldn’t a converted 2+2 be essentially the same as a Ser III ots body, without the fender flares?

If he didn’t do enough research, to figure out a basic point like that… well, a fool and his money…

1 Like

I totally agree. When I sold my GT350 replica on BaT, someone commented that it was “terrible” that people put cars like that together, because there is a chance that someone in the future would be defrauded by the car, and would pay “real deal” money for it.

My argument was that if you can’t be bothered to do 5 minutes of internet research before spending 6-figures on a classic car, then you probably don’t deserve to have that kind of expendable income in the first place, and some might say we have a moral obligation to separate those fools from their money.

3 Likes

Yes. A 2+2 and all the long door cars are the same ‘from the waist down’. I’ve driven several and they are superior in many ways to the V12 OTS. They handle better, run cooler, are faster, and much more (nearly) reliable. All the interior and windscreen trim is the same as the V12 OTS (except the series 1 2+2 windscreen is a series 1, rather than series 3 because of the 3 wipers). A good conversion car can only be told from the original by serial number. Some conversion cars have an air shock setup for rear deck lid. I drove one Bob Boston had in Atlanta about 30 years ago. It had a series 3 bonnet, flared wheel arches and was a 6 cylinder 2+2 at birth. A beautiful car.

scot wrote:

Yes. A 2+2 and all the long door cars are the same ‘from the waist down’. I’ve driven several and they are superior in many ways to the V12 OTS. They handle better, run cooler, are faster, and much more (nearly) reliable. All the interior and windscreen trim is the same as the V12 OTS

Hello Scot,
Close, but not exactly the same. The boot floor and lower, rear quarter panels are quite different (to an S3). The seat risers are different and you would have to be converting a 2+2 auto S1 or S2 to have the same transmission tunnel as an S3 (for an S3 auto, or manual result).

Regards,

Bill

1 Like

I was more interested in finding out what people’s experience has been who are looking to buy these kind of cars. For example, does Ebay or autotrader ot hemmings work best? or is there a different site that people look at.