[E-Type] covered headlight conversion

Although superficially the fronts get mistaken for each other, our approaches are very different when it comes to the actual headlight mounting at the back panel.

This is the Wahl kit
IMG_7243[1]
The headlight is mounted onto a flat plate which reuses the original headlamp bowl . This accounts for why the headlight sits so far back - it’d leave a huge hole in the back if you were to seat it further forward. Obviously you have to cut a hole in your own backplates so headlamp can protrude out of the back.

This is my kit
headlight baffle
It’s a brand new backplate with a custom mount inside the bonnet to let you sit the headlight left/right/up/down/back/forward as you like.wiring
The parts are available separately

The grille:- thank you John. The only reason I did this was because I wanted to recycle the old bonnet bead after doing the headlight conversion. Stainless steel is a real pig to work with which is why I haven’t made any duplicates.

The bumpers are upside down, reground and rewelded s1 bumpers. The indicators are MX-5 (Miata) which are very nearly the exact same contour as the Jaguar bonnet.

Still, the most important question is why does everybody keep spelling my name wrongly?

kind regards
MArek