E type dash fascia vinyl

I have purchased a dash fascia vinyl kit from SNG Barrett. The material has a white cotton backing. Some members have advised to remove the cotton backing prior to installing the material. I am having a difficult time of removing the cotton backing without damaging the vinyl. Has anyone installed the material without removing the cotton backing and if so did it create a clearance problem when lowering the center dash panel?

You’ll likely find the vinyl will not have enough ‘stretch’ if the cloth backing is left in place. To remove the backing, start at one corner, use some acetone to soak onto the cloth and loosen the adhesive, then lift up the cloth from the corner and continue across the sheet, wetting the areas with acetone beforehand. It is annoying but it will work.
To apply the vinyl, use a good heat gun to help shape the vinyl into place.

What Charlton ^^^ said. Even if you did manage to get the vinyl with backing installed you would never be able to close the center fold down panel- the vinyl would be too thick. Even without the backing my center panel is difficult to lower.