E type fhc rear wheel well opening size

Would anyone be able to supply me with the correct measurement for the wheel opening as shown in the picture? Mine was all replacement metal when I removed it so no good for accuracy. Measuremant from an original car would be preferable. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I get 30" exactly. 1970 Series 2.

My '62 Series 1 FHC measures 29-7/8" on both sides. I can’t guarantee that this is original, do not have all of previous owners records.

Ok. Thanks to both of you. That is probably close enough. If anyone can confirm one or the other please do.

Almost 30 inches on My 67 and 66.
I measured my friends 3.8 it was a hair less…
Remember the laser computer template was born 50 years later :slight_smile:

Thanks. 29 and 15/16 it is then😁

I would ask Chuck at Monocoque Metalworks he is always willito answer questions like this.

It looks like a total of 5 cars have been measured at within 1/8 inch of 30 inches so that is pretty definitive for me. My concern for the measurement was because when the panel was placed in position the lip of the wheel opening did not line up perfectly. Knowing the correct measurement lets me pimpoint the area of the panel that I need to modify. Thank you to everyone who has responded.

And that’s from men who smoked, drank and fought in WW2 without a computer laser guide…
I think that’s pretty good? no?

old school assembly jigs wiuld be my guess.