E-Type Front Frame Apart For Paint

Touching up the front frames. And engine out to install A/C.

1970%20FHC

IMG_0355

Lower%20out%20bottom|375x500

Engine%20out !

Ready%20to%20get%20to%20work|320x240

1 Like

!

Ready%20to%20get%20to%20work|320x240

1 Like

Ready%20to%20get%20to%20work

Still working on getting photos to load as I plan. Computers make our lives easier.

2 Likes

That’s going to a nice update when you’re done. are you going with original spec AC or a retro fit kit of some sort?

I’m starting with the Classic Auto Air kit. The car had a mix of after-market air components when I bought it. The inside unit was especially bulky. I’ve read several install post and hope to use the lessons learned to advance my installation.

Tell me about THAT color! Original, custom?

Jaguar heritage certificate indicates it was factory painted Bahama Yellow. One of my originality guides states 11 Series 2 cars were painted this Porsche color.

That is a rare color.

I kinda like it!!!

Maybe you could pick a color more visible. 1970%20FHC yuck yuck.
Beautiful car.

Reminds me of a Larry Watson job from the 70’s.

https://images.app.goo.gl/D6e31DF47DDKok5V8

I was hoping for one in BRG but settled for something a little more subtle back in 2007.

Sorry for the delay. Been away from the jag on a remodel for the wife. The Porsche Bahama Yellow was available on 1966 Porsche 911s. The Registration Book (Document # VE.60A) I received in the paperwork with the car shows the export information and indicates Porsche Bahama Yellow. I received the same information from Jaguar Heritage several years ago. One of my originality guides indicates 11 cars were painted this color.

Cheers

Mike

Plastic surgery? How’d she come out?..:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

The Jag or the wife??? :slight_smile:

Is there a reason the gearbox is red?

That was necessary last year. This year was her home office remodel.

1 Like

After 45 years she is about to come off of probation. I may hang on to her. As if she is the probationary member of our partnership.

1 Like

Keeping them both. She supports me finishing up the Jag, and is realistic as to the necessary expense.

1 Like

That’s the color it was when I took it out and rebuilt it. Since I have it out again, I’m going to scuff it up and add a coat, or two, of satin black. Thanks for asking, I hadn’t thought of that. Do you paint the top machined surface of the gear case as the area not covered by the top cover seems to be showing a light rust? I think I’ll mask the aluminum cover and catch that area also.