E Type Newbie - Looking for folks to chat E Types in Atlanta

Hi All,

Took the plunge in Feb and purchased 1E77750, a 1968 2+2 built November 14th, 1967. I’ve been around cars for a long time so I “kinda” knew what I was getting into. Would love to meet some Atlanta E type folks to bounce questions off, etc.

Jake

1 Like

@Les_Halls is on the area.

1 Like

Pinged him. Thank you!

Jake,
Welcome…Mitch

1 Like

@jcs1968 Hey Jake, great looking '68 welcome to the club. We have several Etypes in the Atlanta area. Send me a PM, always willing to talk Etypes. Jeff S.

Checking in here from Cobb County. Porsche guy (and new to e-types) as well. A few months ago there was a post or two about a meet-up at Reformation Brewery. Well, the weather is getting nice…

@benjh1028 several of us are planning on being at the May British car show next month, slots are filling up fast. https://www.atlantabritishmotorcarday.org/

Thanks Jeff. Looks like a good time. I’ll check it out and get registered.

Saturday morning at Reformation?

cc: @Jeff_Smith @Les_Halls @jcs1968

Hello folks,

Most humble apologies to all. I’m out of town on a golf trip with VERY limited WiFi connectivity.

Anticipate reformation being VERY busy on Saturday because the local market meets there I believe every Saturday from April 1 on. Which is why I suggested Sunday being the better day.

I’ll be back in town sometime Sunday evening so obviously will miss the gathering.

Hope you all have a great time and I will continue to try to connect with you, eventually!

I will connect with the new guy when back in town…….and welcome to the group!

Great to ‘meet’ you Les! Angus and Jeff stopped by for a visit on Saturday morning. Wonderful people and beautiful cars. I had minor detonation after shutting the car down, Jeff wanted a look at the plugs. Not bad…new ones on the way. #5 looks like an out of place electrode, some minor oil fouling on 6, 4 1
1e77750 jag spark plugs 4 14 24.pdf (247.7 KB)
. Thoughts on the detonation?

Well — I forgot to check if cylinder 1 was against the firewall - it is…I reordered photos in the post. Whoops!

1 Like

Hello Jake,
I’m now back in town so if you’re still up for a get together I’m sure we could find a time/place to make that happen.

You’re welcome to drop by my place to see the car and we can chat jag stuff. Never know, I might be able to help you with your car problems :slightly_smiling_face:

I have some appointments in the mornings but am available any afternoon mon-fri this week.

I’m out of town next week on business, would love to drop by and see your car. I’ll ping you next weekend!

Plugs do not look that bad (maybe lean). Would be interested to see what others think. Since this is a new car for you, makes sense to go ahead check the timing. JS

Interesting, I tried several mods to my car’s air/fuel intake system, all resulted in cylinders 4/5/6 running lean. The only way to get it back to normal was to revert back to original setup. I believe the lean problem was down to loss of balance and breathing across all cylinders, which is provided in the original setup.

Jake, is your system all original or has it been modified in any way?

Great, let’s compare schedules when you’re back.

Did you/Jeff/Angus get to go to Reformation after all?

Plugs 4/5/6 look great. Something weird going on with 1/2/3 seeing as 2/3 are lean and 1 is covered in fluffy soot, as in wildly rich. Might be that there’s an air leak on the cylinders and someone has tried to correct the lean by making the rear carb way too rich and not fixing the air leak. Just guessing at this point though.

Be happy to take a look for you.

Be interesting to see how the new plugs perform.

Hi Les,

1. we did not get to the Revolution Saturday - ended up chatting at my place and enjoyed showing off the cars to the folks walking to Krog Market

2. I haven’t opened the distributor up yet but by all accounts it’s still the original set up

Whoops…Had to reorder the cylinder numbers I was counting the wrong way down the bank. Cyl 1 is at the firewall and post attachment is updated.

Hi Jeff,

I’ve been chasing a loud rattle on my car that’s starting to worry me. If you or Angus have the time I would appreciate you coming over to my place and taking a ride with me. I’m going crazy looking for it.