E-Type Parts in UK

I asked this question at the tag of another (unrelated) thread. Didn’t get much in the way of a reply.
So – new thread:

Has anyone dealt with E-Type Parts?

They have an “almost-too-good-to-be-true" price for a full set of Series III head studs.
The whole set of 52x studs is priced at £246 + £56 shpg. That converts to ~$400 for the lot.
Quality goods parts? Good guys?

Some may ask why drop ~$75 in shipping from UK?
SNG sells just one type of stud for $10.74 each // I need ten of them. That $107
Shpg is estimated at $12 for just these 10 studs – it adds up.

Craig

"Early 2017 E-type parts acquired the Business of John Farrell Auto Parts who is probably the largest manufacturer of premium quality aftermarket parts for the E-type in the USA.

The business has been relocated from the USA to our premises in the UK and we look forward to servicing John’s previous customers and further developing new customers and adding more products to the already extensive range."

Not dealt with them myself but neither have I heard anything bad.

1 Like

I purchased my SS heater pipes from John years ago and the pipe and rivet holes were concentrically lined up with the sheet metal holes on the fire wall. The three pipes were identical to the original ones removed. A perfect fit !
Never purchased anything from them after they purchased the company from John so hopefully still good quality items. Let us know your experience if you do.
BTW John was a great guy.

The parts probably all come from the same factory in China anyway.

No, most of the parts come from small scale artisans in the UK.

I bet the head studs don’t.

What David is alluding to is that E Type Parts sell a lot of small, harder to find bits for E Types that they “manufacture in house”.

I have bought a couple of things from them over the years when I couldn’t source them from elsewhere and I have found them helpful and the quality of the parts good.

As to the head studs I very much doubt they are manufactured in house, but will be sourced from China.

Interestingly, their website is currently down.

https://www.etypeparts.com/v12-e-type-cylinder-head-stud-stud-set

I’ve used them for a few odds and ends my car was missing that I couldn’t find closer. They were fine to work with, and the parts worked well.

Are we talking about the same company…mentioned on the UK E type forum for selling an E type identity…not the done thing https://www.etypeparts.com/cars-for-sale/1964-series-1-38-fhc-vehicle-id-original-plate-nova-registration

Seriously sketchy thing to do. I wonder if one of Peter’s stolen cars is now wearing this number… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Fortunatly they posted a photo of the data plate…so xkedata was updated…Steve

Spitfire out of the ground in France?,any number of WW2 aircraft out of the jungles of Papua?..all of them recognised as “genuine”…
They could have sold a completely rusted complete car which would have required a complete new body and not a soul would have blinked.(they probably bought a complete wreck for 5k and binned the body).
A transparent and honest offering,they are selling a plate,nothing more,nothing less.
If your in the mood to build a Lindner or similar special it would be just the ticket.Good luck to them.
ps. and not to mention unstamped plates are readily available anyway,so moot point really.

Not quite…they are selling an identity…If the purchaser told the UK dvla that thay had used the identity on their new build they would not get it registered…it would all be done underhand making out that you were just doing a restoration…in the UK vehicle identity cannot be swoped to use on another vehicle…Steve

My point is they are not offering anything other than a plate,it is up to the purchaser what they do with it.
If they (the purchaser) uses it to get a special on the road,great.
If they try and use it to change ID’s of a stolen vehicle I hope they get caught and go to jail.

Like i said…in the UK you cannot use another cars identity to create a “special” or another vehicle…any vehicle you build should have its own identity (VIN/chassis number)…

OK,it is possible in Australia.If the data is recorded on the XKE site that’s great and should negate any nefarious motivations.I do wonder though,what happens in the UK when you need to rebody a vehicle either through rust or a serious off as seen at Goodwood etc every year.

You can rebody a car if the body is from a manufacturer and is exactly the same as the original vehicle…you can also replace an engine etc if its the same…with these changes you are supposed to notify the DVLD (authority)…as soon as you start to stray away from the actual original vehicle like a different type of body/engine etc you will run into problems with registration…the V5 (registration) can be withdrawn…Steve

I too have used them several times over the recent two years. Buying from their ebay Listings, usually cheaper than others and mostly used for more obscure or smaller parts like seat return springs, for me their uk postage is much cheaper than the usuals. Always been pleased with what i received

Thanx to @abowie, @dnorton, and @coan1968 for answering my query.
Hopefully @coan19678 's reply will keep the thread on point. :wink:
Thanx again – I am feeling a bit more comfortable about ordering these studs even at the bargain-basement pricing.

Craig