E-Type toolkit quality

Ahaha. Everything in my life happens so fast (Bob Faster). I have to sometimes read over my emails/replies before sending. Ahaha.

B

Good Morning Mr. Roger Payne,
I have a question about my car relating to tool kits. I have a 1965 Series 1 4.2 Liter Jaguar E Type OTS LHD. Found in a garage. Unrestored. 50K Miles. Bought from original owner. He bought the car new in February 66 in Fort Worth, Texas. It has no tools except the jack & hammer. So I have been on the hunt for a kit & recently have found one with Garrington open spanners and a Garrington adjustable wrench. Also the box spanners are center marked. The tire valve extractor is brass. The pliers are SSP. The rest of the tools seem to correspond to the picture in the original parts manual that came with the car. My question is that if I am to invest in this kit is it age appropriate for my car?
It truly has been an adventure getting this Jaguar back on the road again. Took me a couple years and a steep learning curve but now I drive it regularly.
I appreciate any advice on these tools. I sent you an email as well.
Thanks,
Ted Warren

Ted,
Look up Tom Buckus in Chambersburg PA
He is the authority on original tool kits.

Thanks so much. Will do.

Comments on this tool kit? Going with my baby to the new owner. I hope she joins your wonderful forum. Marek, your replacement turn signal component works great!

Can anyone give me some info on this tool roll that I have had in my tool box for 30 years and what they could be worth thanks, Richard.

These tools look like real Jaguar tools but I’ve never seen a chromed set before and suspect they were done by a P.O. Nobody would use Jaguar tools as tools today, so they really only have value to somebody who wants an authentic car, and they are not useful for that. Who knows what they’d get on E Bay.