Early 1961 OTS (flat floor, welded louvres) on BAT

Apparently well preserved driver (non restored, a few non original items).

1 Like

Looks like a well-used but un-abused survivor and deserves to do well. So far, comments seem a little thin but that may be due to the absence of stories, other than debate over dating the end of flat floors which was almost put to bed by David.

Despite having some needy chrome bits, an extremely original convertible top, and the potential cost of shipping from the Netherlands, it’s a good original car, the seller is an engaging fellow, and there are likely a few bidders with plenty of dry powder waiting in the wings…

As an aside, the bonnet pin buffers are indeed installed with the round side down.

1 Like

So nice to see an unrestored car that has been used! I bet she has had an interesting life. Out of my budget but fun to look at the photos.
Not to belittle the very fine restored cars we see here.

1 Like

115,000 reserve not met, over i think

Not the right time to sell apparently, markets suffering.
It seems also that “preserved” early cars are animals that are only sought after by very few amateurs, as shown by the lack of bidders.
Maybe seller and bidder will make a deal, who knows where the reserve was…

Hey thats me just an amateur. I did own a 64 fhc series 1 . I remember it well and I at 6ft too tall. I did not mind no synchro first either. Have driven enough old stuff to dbl clutch, its not as quick but smooth enough. That was 50+ years ago ! i bought my 66 ,a 2+2 ,but with stick just to drive one again,series 1 with legroom. I was drawn to the extensive gallery on the underside and engine of the 61 and most helpful as thats where i am working now. It was fun to see.

1 Like