EDIS/Megajolt mounting hardware

As some of you may know there is a EDIS/Megajolt support thread on the UK Forum which was started to help with the installation of Ray L’s kit, which unfortunately has been out of production for a few years now. However Ray has just posted the following message in the thread:

"I’ve been surprised by the amount of interest still out there for my EDIS kits.

To this day, I am pretty regularly contacted by people inquiring about availability. While I still have no interest in producing complete kits (for reasons explained previously), the only parts that prevent many people from “rolling their own” is the E-type specific parts - namely the crank pickup bracket, trigger wheel and mounting hardware, EDIS module mounting bracket, firewall pass-thru and MegaJolt mounting hardware.

I am considering doing a limited run of those parts, along with all the information necessary to complete the kit: wiring harness diagram and fabrication instructions, potential sources for the necessary connectors, and other electronic components (EDIS module, coilpack, MegaJolt, etc.).

As I indicated, this would be a one-time thing, for perhaps a few dozen kits total. Would this be worth doing? I figure this “mechanical kit” would cost on the order of US$350-400, the only difference from the parts provided with the previous full kits would be the parts would likely all be anodized, rather than bare aluminum.

Regards,
Ray L."

If anyone here would like to have the EDIS/Megajolt system in their car (and it is without doubt the best upgrade you could ever make to your E-Type!) please contact Ray. The remaining parts are easy to source s/h or new from Trigger Wheels. The stumbling block has always been the unavailability of the mounting hardware that Ray produced. You will still need:

EDIS control unit (available s/h from eBay or new from Trigger Wheels)
EDIS sensor (as above)
EDIS coil pack (as above)
EDIS Coil pack HT connectors (as above)
EDIS LT connectors (as above)
Wiring loom (from Trigger Wheels - may need modification, or roll your own)
Megajolt ECU (from Trigger Wheels)
T piece and rubber hose for Megajolt vacuum advance
Megajolt Software map (available here: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=437 )

It would be great to see this kit back.

David

1 Like

I purchased a complete used kit, but from a 4.2. I have a 3.8 and need the trigger wheel and mounting hardware specific to the 3.8. Would pay what Ray asks.

Good to see you mention this, David, I noticed that particular etypeuk.com sticky recently and made a post about it last week to Jag-lovers asking listers for “expressions of interest” if they would like to see Ray’s mounting hardware kit become a reality.

Here’s the link: EDIS/Megajolt Electronic Ignition System PART II - Expressions of Intereststrong text

The project is gaining momentum and hopefully this will continue with more expressions of interest from listers … enough so to encourage Ray to make this happen. We need to “beat the drums” about this in order to make it happen as I hear this upgrade is one of the best performance mods of all. :grinning:

As I recall from reading the UK thread you are one of the lucky ones to have obtained one of Ray’s previous kits. How did that work out for you? :sunglasses: .

Feel free to post up on the other thread if you’re interested in commenting on Ray’s kit.

Cheers.