Electric seat problem

I had a good day yesterday and welded in a new piece of floor where the drivers side seat mount/belt anchorage is situated.
However,I tried refitting the seat today…connected up the harness and ran the seat back to insert the front mounting screws…then when i moved it forward to access the rear fixings it ground to a halt and now nothing works for the seat.
Thers no clicking at the door control when operating the switches…no life whatsoever at the seat …the 2 fuses are good…
The passenger seat is still ok and the mirrors work…
Im thinking control module??
If anybody has any info r.e this i would much appreciate it because i cannot refit the seat until i can get it working again.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

IIRC, the 7.5 A fuse for the mirrors if blown, will be affecting BOTH seats. Your case seems to point at a different problem. Try unplugging and plugging back the connector. I have not removed the seats on my 6.0L V12 conv. myself, but could there be a “dead spot” (unlikely if you hear no clicks, but…)

Thanks steve.
Ive got the seat on the bench now and im looking for wireing diagrams.
Theres power to the seat control on the door and to the ecu. I cannot get any output to the seat from the ecu though when operating the controls.:persevere:

Try here, it might be of help:

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Electrical/Elect-Tech%20All2/94%20XJS%20V12%20Electrical.pdf

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Can’t put it off any longer. Gotta buy some shock absorbers.

So aside from OEM and premium (Koni, SPAX,) are there other choices?

This is a blvd. cruiser. Don’t autocross or track day it, so don’t really need or want to pay for a premium shock.

Thanks,

Harry Price

1984 XJS-C six cyl manual.

Harry - - if you want to keep it as designed (a luxury soft ride cruiser ) I would go with OEM shocks.
Just my opinion…i am trying to keep my 95 as designed/produced. Fortunately a lot of improvements made between 84 and 95

Jim

Thanks for the link steve. I didnt know the s&g barrat website had info like that. Ive spent a small fortune with them so its about time i got something foc out of them😉

Why is this in a thread about electric seats?

It turned out to be the seat ecu causing the problem. On closer inspection part of the circuit board has fried itself!
The joys of motoring!

2 Likes

Not to sound stupid, but how did you remove your seat if you couldn’t get it to move? Mine wont move and I thought you had to move it front and back to get to the bolts

It was working ok when I removed the seat. When I went to refit it I put the rear bolts in, then when powering the seat back to access the front bolt holes, the ecu died.

Ah gotcha. Ok thanks

Have you checked the seat fuses under the steering wheel? If they re ok and theres no power to the seat it could be the ecu or maybe a bad earth. Theres a link earlier in this thread to a site with wireing diagrams and info on the xjs electrics from sbobev, which helped me sort my problem out.

1 Like

The fuses are ok. The computer clicks with the switch, but thats about it. I will have to look at the diagrams again to see if I see anything. I was hoping i could “jump” the wires and get it to move, but didn’t quite understand which ones i should jump