Electrical change - can it be done?

In my New Zealand new 1987 the windscreen washer operates with the lighting switch in one position, and the headlamp washers in another position. I’ve ripped off my headlamp wipers and want to have one motor per washer jet for the main windscreen.

Has anyone done this, and is there an easy way to get both motors operating together without having to cut wires and put in ugly t-junctions?

Hoping to get this beast in for it’s MOT / Warrant of Fitness this week.

Dan

Dan,
There is nothing ugly or bad in electrical rat-nesting your Jag. You don’t need to use T- junctions, you have plenry of alternatives. Y-junction, X-junction, H-junction and K-junction.

Now, returning to your Jag, I didn’t catch that with your washers, if you need to switch anything on to operate windscreen washer, thst’s not right. If it’s right, and you simply want to use both motors to increase the pressure - I assume all you need to do is to dive into your washer bottle and bridge tubes and pump wires. You don’t need to use T-junctions at all with sooo many alternatives available…

1 Like

Thank you Sir, you made short work of that!

I’ve already got one tube per motor per nozzle set up. But I’ll bridge the pump wires and yes, that is an elegant solution.

Many thanks.