EType Odometer reset cable

Wanted to buy:

Odometer reset cable for a 66 EType OTS LHD. The part number should be C15468.

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

None of mine have any part numbers on them. Do you know about how long it needs to be? I have ones with 9" and also 11" overall length.

@Robert_Laughton… anything in your massive pile?

I managed to find a picture on eBay of one in the UK.

Looks a bit more than 9", maybe gets to 10" when straightened depending on how you measure. Mike, does this picture look like your 9"?

That’s tip to tip of course – the last 1-1/4" sticks out the other side of the hole in the millboard.

I’ll look. Might have an extra one.

I asked about the length in the #e-type section and Craig told me his was 11" long.

( From memory) The reset cables to the odometer and clock on the series 1 are almost the same, except the instrument end of the inner cables are different square cross sections and do not inter-change.

Phil.

It sure does look like a S1 XJ cable. I’ll look.
Rob

Anyone? Mike, that 11" you have sounds like it’s what I need.

I have a few I’ll look and measure this evening.